Our Home Temple in India
Constitution of Maa Batakali Sanskrutika Parisada
The Maa Batakali Cultural Mission
Balisahi, Puri Town, Puri � 752 001 Orissa � INDIA
Registration Number: 2802/211/91-92
Filed and Certified by the Audit Superintendent
District Panchayat Office, Puri
To create and nurture a community of life-affirming individuals devoted to Mother Worship and to developing an understanding of how such devotion can positively transform our global community.
The Maa Batakali Cultural Mission is dedicated to promoting the vision of the world as a global community in Her divine name.
Aims and Objectives:
- To maintain this Mission as a nonprofit public-benefit organization, not organized for the private gain of any person.
- To foster awareness of Goddess worship as a life-affirming path among the global community; and to eradicate erroneous and superstitious beliefs in this regard.
- To organize, develop and execute recreational, cultural and spiritual activities for the community.
- To undertake programs for the establishment of community housing, social forestry and environmental sanitation; et alia.
- To organize, fund and promote Mission Centers for community gatherings, social welfare programs and adult education, including the establishment of a library with emphasis on educational activities for community youth; and to develop various pilot projects to meet the needs of community members.
- To organize outreach programs for those not in or around Mission Centers.
- To undertake projects expressly designed to promote the welfare of Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and other economically "backward" classes of people, and to promote the development of cooperative ideas and enterprise among them and the community at large.
- To draw up schemes for the rehabilitation of antisocial persons; i.e., those with problems related to alcohol and drug abuse, and to assist their families as required.
- To educate about and mobilize peacefully against sati, dowry, beggary, caste crime and similar social ills.
- To publish a monthly newsletter, community bulletin and other educational materials for the promotion of the spiritual and cultural philosophy of the Mission.
- To help provide relief, through community efforts, for those effected by natural calamities and other emergencies.
- To promote cultural exchange of ideas and beliefs throughout India and the world.
- To assist in providing legal aid to the needy and the poor.
- To establish sister organizations, in the United States and elsewhere, in order to promote the vision of the Mission worldwide.
- To develop fundraising schemes for the future growth and maintenance of the Mission and its associations.
Admittance is irrespective of caste, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, income, marital status, occupation or other socially constructed category. All those on a life-affirming path who can agree to the above "Aims and Objectives" are welcome to join the Mission. There is no membership fee.
Cessation of membership:
By resignation, or by petition of existing members upon allegation of misconduct or deeds not supportive of the interests of the Mission. In such a case, the petition will be reviewed by the Executive Committee (see below) and appropriate action taken.
All members of the Mission will form the General Body. The General Body will nominate and vote for its Executive Committee, charged with the administration, organization and execution of the Mission aims and objectives. General Body members will attend meetings, events and activities as desired, and will have the power to form committees for projects, vote on budgets, proposals and resolutions, and request that a review and/or revision of the Mission�s aims and objectives take place at any time.
The Executive Committee will be elected by a majority vote of the General Body, for a term of one year. (See above.) The elections will take place each year at an Annual Meeting convened on or about the time of Kali Puja. Additional meetings may be convened at the discretion of Executive Committee members, or by petition of the General Body to review a particular issue. Members of the Executive Committee will include:
- Organizational Director � shall be responsible for the holistic functioning of and communication within the entire organization. Will act as the center of the metaphoric organizational wheel that has as spokes the Executive Committee and as outer rim the General Body.
- General Secretary � shall be responsible for the administrative functioning of the Mission.
- Financial Coordinator � shall be responsible for fundraising activities, budgets and tax filing.
- Planning and Publications Coordinator � shall be responsible for all activities coordination and newsletter publication.
- Advisor � shall work to help maintain the vision and direction of the Mission in conjunction with all Executive Committee members.
All proposals, recommendations, budgets, etc. shall be presented for a vote to the General Body by the Executive Committee. In all instances, a majority vote will be required to effect change. In the event of a tie, the Executive Committee vote shall determine the decision.
Dedication and Dissolution:
The property of the Mission is irrevocably dedicated to charitable purposes and no part of the net income or assets of this organization shall ever inure to the benefit of any director, officer or private person.
Upon the dissolution or winding up of the organization, its assets remaining after payment, or provision for payment, of all debts and liabilities of this organization shall be distributed to a nonprofit fund, foundation or corporation, which is organized and operated exclusively for charitable purposes.